Thursday, February 21, 2008

Work in progress...

I'm in a sculpture class right now...just beginning sculpture, but it is fun. Today my teacher suggested making a sort of photo diary of our progress on the stone sculpture we started so that people understand how much work it takes...so here you go!



this is my initial sketch i came up with...im sort of going for a Mayan/quetzaquotal look...



aaaaand this is my stupid $40 rock...it is actually really pretty now that it is all cleaned up...i'll take some more pictures in class on tuesday.



this is the little clay moquette that i came up with for my sculpture... i like his face a lot! very fierce...



but from the side he looks a bit like a Chinese dragon. it seems that i have blended the two cultures into one unstoppable SUPERCULTURE!!! go me!



a little glimpse of the super-intense back design i decided to do...it is supposed to be like the dragon-snake's underbelly showing...



oh god...what am i getting myself into?


well, there you have it...stay tuned for another update on tuesday as i try to start carving my rock...keep your fingers crossed that i still have all of mine to type with!

1 comment:

Emily said...

damn spoony, that back part is way intense. no losing fingers. that's a very bad touch spoon no.